News & Notices
For the latest news, please visit our blog.
San Isabel and other local telecommunications service providers are regulated by the Colorado Public Utilities Commission at (303) 894-2000.
LITAP (Low Income Telephone Assistance Program)
The Colorado Low-Income Telephone Assistance Program provides eligible low-income customers a discount of the recurring monthly rate for the provision of Basic Local Residential Exchange Service. A qualifying low-income customer subscribing to LITAP shall receive a 25% discount on the Basic Network Access Line Service line. The Service Order Charges to change to and from this program due to eligibility will be waived. The discount is applicable only to the customer's principal residential line.
The LITAP discount is only available to low-income customers who currently receive benefits from at least one of the following:
- Colorado Department of Human Services Programs
- Old Age Pension
- Aid to the Blind
- Aid to the Needy Disabled
- A low-income person or persons who qualify to receive supplemental security income under the federal "Social Security Act", as amended
- Low Income Home Assistance Energy Program (LIHEAP)
- Colorado Works Assistance
- Additional eligibility criteria may apply to residents of federally recognized tribal lands
- Eligibility based on Program Participation only
The customer qualifying for LITAP will receive state and federal discounts amounting to $10.00 and a waiver of the Federal Communications
Commission Subscriber Line Charge ($6.50).